This week we will be studying Living and Non Living things.
Let's Review...
Living
- things that eat...dogs
- things that drink water...horse
- things that move...plants
- things that grow...babies
Non Living
- things that don't move on their own...pen
- things that don't eat...key
- things that don't drink...paper
- things that don't grow...phone
I have found some great activities to do with your child that incorporate the living and non living categories...CRICKWEB is a great web site for sorting living things. BBC gives you and your child a chance to categorize and learn interesting facts about living and non living organisms. My favorite web site, LivingSort is great as we get more advanced with our living and non living concepts. Not only does it have you sort, but you have to be REALLY fast at this one!
I hope this post was helpful and that you and your child enjoyed the games as well as I did!
Thanks, Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment